• Written by
  • Build: Natasha
  • Read 2956 times
  • Print
  • Email
  • Share on Facebook
J. Sinclair/CONCEPIA LLC J. Sinclair/CONCEPIA LLC It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Brake fluid is nasty stuff. It says so on the side of the container. Obviously when I took Natasha apart I didn't clean up some spilled fluid as it has dissolved the paint off the front brake assembly over the course of the last ten months. So with some scrubbing with the wire brush I took the remaining flakey paint off and then resprayed everything. I probably would have done this anyway, regardless if the paint was coming off or not.

Once the parts were repainted, I reassembled the brake components, re-greasing everything and cleaning/polishing all the bolts. I didn't replace the pads as they are still in good condition. The rubber OEM brake line was in fairly good condition but I elected to replace it with a nice stainless steel braided line; slightly shorter than the original as the handlebars are a bit lower now. It sits pretty nicely by itself but I may install a small bracket on the lower triple clamp just to keep it in place.

I still have to polish the levers and reinstall them, so no brake fluid and bleeding of brake lines yet. That'll be tomorrow.

Current hours on build: 181.0 

...Gallery Loading...

More in this category: « Seat: Part 1 Levers »

Rebuilding, restoring, and recycling classic bikes into unique custom-made cafe racers.


Social Links

The Four Fifty

170 John Street

Friday Harbor, WA 98250

United States

(360) 298-2374

Log In or Register